Monday, June 30, 2008

MOS DEF ALLEGDY HITS......


Superhead is a pioneer. Not at what one might think upon hearing her name, but at writing “tell all” books about her experiences with some of hip-hop’s biggest names. Following in her footsteps is Mos Def’s estranged wife, Alana Wyatt-Smith. In her memoir, “Breaking The Code Of Silence,” Wyatt-Smith dishes on her encounters with Kanye West and an alleged violent altercation that prompted the end of her relationship with Mos.

The former stripper/video vixen and Canada native told the Toronto Star about her and Mos’ quick courtship and first public appearance. “He had asked me if I would attend a MuchMusic performance featuring Kanye West. Now, that was a little awkward because a year prior I had met Kanye in Vegas and we had a moment! NOT SEXUAL! I REPEAT, KANYE WEST and I NEVER have had sexual relations. Much to my surprise, Mos introduced me as his wife.”

The couple wed the very next day in 2005 at the Toronto City Hall. “There were stories that we may have been on drugs when we got married…it was true honest love at first sight; although it took me a while to get to know him, and I think it was more in his heart that it was in mine. I kind of went along with it,” said Wyatt-Smith.

During the next six weeks, the duo attended New York Fashion Week, the MTV Video Music Awards, purchased a home, and separated.

Wyatt-Smith claims that a violent incident in Brazil is what made her file for divorce from the socially conscious rapper.

“I don’t believe that his intent was to hurt me, I believe that he was trying to prove a point,” she said. “But I had shared and cried with him many nights about my past (abusive) situation and I asked of him not to do that, because it brings back memories; so I found it to be more disrespectful, because he knew what I had been through.”

She said that she decided not to press charges because she “didn’t want to cause problems” and that she thought that the alleged incident would be “a first and last.”

She went on to say that although they have tried and failed at reconciling, Mos doesn’t want to let her go. “He won’t sign the papers,” said Wyatt-Smith. “He told my lawyer if he can’t have me, nobody else will.”

At press time, Mos Def had yet to comment on her allegations.

SOURCE

YORAPS.COM


No comments: